Interested in working with Cupid’s Undie Run? You’re in for a great time, all for a good cause. Read on for immediate openings, and for ongoing opportunities.
This is not your average analyst position. We are a nonprofit that raises money to cure a terrible disease and we do it by inviting people to run a mile (or less) on Valentine’s Day Weekend…in their underwear. The 2016 version of the Cupid’s Undie Run took place in 35 cities + Australia and raised more than $4 million.
Still with us? Great. Here’s where you fit in.
At the end of the day you will help all of us make better decisions. You will be responsible for collecting, organizing, analyzing, and then sharing insights gleaned from data to the team here at Cupid’s. You will develop predictive systems and algorithms that help us identify trends and drive business solutions. You’ll utilize moderately-sized datasets to extract meaningful business information using Tableau, statistics, machine learning, and heuristics. This also includes:
- Designing and leveraging systems to analyze the efficacy of our marketing, registration, and donation programs
- Implementing and improving upon existing predictive models for registration and donation timelines, incentive distribution, top performing runners
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, & Key Accountabilities:
- Design and develop algorithms and models that use large datasets to derive business insights.
- Establish scalable, efficient processes for large scale data analyses, model development, and model implementation
- Ensure the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail
- Seek further knowledge on key developments within data science, technical skill sets, and additional data sources that would benefit Cupid’s
B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related quantitative field.
Work experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or comparable database systems.
Expert knowledge in large scale information retrieval and statistical analysis.
Experience using the data visualization software Tableau.
Expert using Excel.
Expert at ELI5.
Knows the difference between making a decision based on data and making the data fit your decision.
Even Better Qualifications:
– you like riddles, puzzles, paradoxes
– are detail oreinted
– noticed the spelling error in the line above
– are experienced using Google Analytics
– have work experience in data mining, and/or forecasting.
We don’t like to talk about ourselves, but…
We are a committed, close-knit, and supportive bunch of people. Everyone here is focused on the job at hand, and we also know that all work and no play is no fun. So we work hard and play hard. And we greatly value the knowledge that you bring.
We hope to hear from you.
If you have critical thinking skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions; the ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving; an unquenchable intellectual curiosity for getting at the underlying story being told within the data, and a knack for communicating all of it in a way that the rest of us will understand, this is the perfect place for you.
The above is intended to describe the general content to and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be constructed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Ongoing & Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Race Director
We attract heroes, party animals, undie-lovers and the generous-as-hell. We’re fighting NF, a rare and deadly disease that affects 1 in every 3,000 births and we’re looking for local Race Directors to herd the cats, bring the noise and rock it out to fundraise for neurofibromatosis research. Does this sound like you?
Cupid’s is looking for local Race Directors in the following cities: Dallas, Raleigh, San Francisco, Chicago and Charlotte. Please fill out this Google Form if you are ready to lead the charge! Want to know more? See the position description here.
Our team of amazing volunteers is instrumental in making Cupid’s Undie Run happen each year. There are a variety of ways to help, from assisting with packet pick-up, helping decorate the venue to working the course on race day. Apply to volunteer in your city!