Interested in working with Cupid’s Undie Run? You’re in for a great time, all for a good cause. Read on for immediate openings.
CHIEF DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
This position provides an opportunity to build a creative and impactful development department while working with a highly motivated, creative team to make a significant difference in the lives of millions who suffer with this disease.
Responsible for designing and implementing all aspects of Cupid Charities’ development program, the Chief Development Officer will report to the Executive Director, and will have the unique opportunity to build and lead the development effort during a period of exciting growth.
- Build an organized, comprehensive and cohesive approach to implementing development strategies, plans and timelines.
- Create an annual development plan and calendar of fundraising activities to maximize donations.
- Maintain database records on current prospects and donors, ensure the successful management of the donor database.
- Conduct research to identify gift prospects (individuals and foundations) and develop timeline and structure to facilitate communication.
- Serve as conduit for board members to identify potential sources of support, both financial and volunteer.
- Manage implementation of development plan, including; gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Create and manage fundraising messaging, solicitation and acknowledgement.
- As needed, conduct face-to-face interactions with donors, as well as individuals engaged in regional fundraising efforts.
- Develop new programs to expand monthly giving and crowdsourcing gifts.
- Establish and monitor the financial development department budget for the Cupid Charities.
- Represent Cupid Charities with a variety of external constituencies of high net wealth or influence and establish a dialogue about philanthropic values and priorities.
Previous experience in a not-for-profit fundraising program or consulting firm with a proven track record of developing and securing major and planned gifts in the 5, 6, and 7 figure range. Familiar with all aspects of fund development including major and planned gifts, capital campaigns, annual giving, grants and large special events. We are seeking someone with experience managing successful fundraising campaigns exceeding $500,000, and experience with a diverse group of employees and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals. Local experience is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, development management or a closely related discipline; advanced degree and/or professional designation preferred
- Minimum of seven years management experience in Development and Fundraising; CFRE is preferred; have a demonstrated history of leading the Development function.
- Comprehensive management skills and experience. This includes but is not limited to short- and long-term planning, evaluation, directing and motivating staff, oral and written communication skills, financial management, and governance.
- Knowledge of the grant application, management, and reporting process.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required: the nature and dimensions of philanthropy, ethics, motivations for giving, research and cultivation practices, standard fundraising techniques including face-to-face solicitation, proposal writing, special events, and development office functions including gift processing, prospect and donor histories, and fundraising reporting.
- Understanding and passion for the Cupid Charities’ mission.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills; high-energy, proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to travel to meet with donors up to 25 percent of the time.
- Personal experience with NF (self, friend of family member) a strong plus.